Friday, May 24, 2013

DON'T MOVE (My Favorite Short Horror Film of All Time)


I stumbled upon this 11-minute horror Short
DON'T MOVE 
...and was so impressed by the film, I felt compelled to feature the movie and its masterful makers, 
BLOODY CUTS FILMS 
...on my blog.

As a side note, I rarely enjoy slasher or gore horror these days. I've matured into more of a mind-bending horror buff. So, for me to be this impressed, you know it's got to be special.





I found the film to have a classic 70's horror throwback feel, yet it is thoroughly modern, and with a highly original concept.

The actors are fantastic. From their fear responses to the action sequences, these are skilled performers, believable to the end.

The FX are incredible. The "monster" immediately struck me as something you might see in a Guillermo del Toro film (Pan's Labyrinth came to mind) and after a little research, I believe I am correct in saying, the mastermind behind this creature has, in fact, worked with del Toro - Brilliant!

So, shut the lights, get your headphones on, and settle in for, what is now, my favorite horror short of all time. 


...and whatever you do...

DON'T MOVE!





WARNING: CONTAINS SCENES UNSUITABLE FOR YOUNG CHILDREN.


Set on one fateful night, six friends gather for their monthly 'games night'... and accidentally unleash a demonic force that might tear them - and their friendships - to pieces. 

***NOTE: "Don't Move" is a horror film, so is best viewed with minimal lighting, and of course with speakers/headphones for the full experience***






Don't Move is the 8th slice in Bloody Cuts' anthology of short horror films, made by a young team of UK film-makers on low budgets. Directed by Anthony Melton and written by David Scullion it stars Rachel Bright and Jake Hendriks alongside Kate Braithwaite, Beth Cooper, Ian Whyte, Calvin Dean and Martin Skipper.


Watch all of their great horror shorts Here!



Find out more about their acclaimed UK horror films Here! 


Follow them on Twitter at @BloodyCutsFilms  

Join the BLOODY CUTS Facebook page Here!

Subscribe to BLODDY CUTS on Youtube Here!





4 comments:

  1. I LOOOOVED this short!
    It's different! OMG thank the LORD there is someone out there doing horror RIGHT!
    Thanks for posting this.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't agree more! I typically go for more of a mind-bending horror and less gore, but this is so well done...Bravo to Bloody Cuts Films!

      Thanks for stopping by, Penelope!

      Delete
  2. I watched this, early, the other morning, when you first posted it. Woke me right up! Who needs coffee? I loved it!

    Very well done for a short film. The look of abject horror on the faces of the actors is perfection! A diamond in a land filled with stones. Thanks so much for posting this!

    And one more thing:
    How many times do I have to say, DON'T PLAY WITH THE OUIJA BOARD?

    Debby
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! The Ouija Board...It's like a toothache...you just can't stop wiggling it.

      Thanks for stopping by! I'm glad you enjoyed the film.

      Delete

Your comments and views are always welcome!

All comment containing a link will be deemed SPAM and WILL NOT BE APPROVED.